Wednesday 17 September 2008

The REAL Sticky and Sweet Show - Seville


It's been 7 years since Madonna last visited Spain on tour. And it was a electrifying event. I had seen her in Cardiff, and I just couldn’t help myself, found some golden circle tickets and flew to Spain, and I am delighted I did. The two elements making it a perfect evening? Madonna and the crowd.
People had been orderly queuing in the hot Sevillian sun and I heard no complaints, only expectation, love and positive feelings all around. When Robyn, the first support act got on stage she got a taste of what the audience was going to be like. She is not that known in Spain and despite that people where jumping with her up-beat music, chanting her name and getting the party started. Fifteen minutes after that there was a DJ set, and the crowd partied even harder. Twenty minutes after this, at 9:42 pm Madonna came on stage.
The Stadium exploded with excitement, and so did I, and I cried with excitement, something I didn’t really do in Cardiff (well, only a little! hell I always cry!)Her voice was impeccable, so beatiful, and there were no technical problems (if there were they were swiftly resolved, going unnoticed).During the gipsy section the stadium went wild, jumping, chanting "ole-ole" at Madonna's flamenco moves, clapping flamenco style and treating M and her crew to an unforgettable experience. Miles Away was a huge success, the audience clapping all the way through. You could see it in Madonna's face, she had to shush (with a cute smile) the crowd so she could be allowed to sing You Must Love Me.
Like A Prayer again set the stadium on fire, and Ray of Light had everyone jumping to exhaustion, including Madonna. During the "request" bit she had us all at her feet. She made us show “how much we loved her” doing her now characteristic "uhha uhaa" several times (to exhaustion!). She was laughing, choking and giggling at the crowd's reaction.
It was unforgettable...thanks Seville and thanks Madonna for making me the happiest girl on earth.

Lost in fashion? what's hot what not? visit Fashion Limbo

No comments: