Thursday 14 June 2007

To date or not to date

There are women that date and date and continue dating, relentlessly, searching for the right guy. There are men who see different women everyday, meet up with a new one on Fridays, give a second chance to the nice ones on Saturday. There are men dating other men for weeks, then deciding to call the bar manager they met at that party. There are women who are not settling with the first girl they are introduced to. However, there are many people out there sticking with the first potential lover they find. Some call this love at first sight, sentence any discussion like so, proclaiming they found the perfect partner first time round.
Now I wonder, is that even possible? When I go shopping for a pair of jeans I might know what type I will be going for, might have an idea of what suits me best, but I will not be certain they are a perfect fit until I actually try them on. On many occasions, these jeans I thought were so grand, turn out to be a great disappointment. I can’t help but think about the girl that is too shy to date, gets introduced to a guy one day, and holds on to him, ignoring the differences and completely lack of common interests, just because she is too scared to lose out in a chance for romance, or because she is excessively lazy to bother dating anymore. Is this the right way to ensure romantic happiness? Can this be one of those recipes for success that actually work out for a secret minority, proving all love sceptics wrong? I am left wondering…

No comments: