Thursday 14 June 2007

Love being a girl

I used to love being a girl because I was allowed to cry. But now, women despise those who can't repress their tears. We are supposed to be independent; hence we cannot cry when our lover leaves.
We must be brave; as a result we cannot shed a tear when we board a plane for the first time. Women should be always rational, so following our emotions would be wrong.
I used to love being a girl because we were allowed to look and smell nice. However, now, in doing so, one comes across as shallow, an empty shell, some sort of bimbo.
I loved being a girl as we were allowed be fragile and seek protection. But now those who rely on their lovers, friends or sisters are weak.
Nowadays I love being a woman because we can be a thousand possibilities at once. Any decision we make, any identity we take, any position we based ourselves on, will be loved by some and hated by others. I love being a woman because one definition is not enough, because we are so different from each other, because we are all exceptions to the rule.
Unpredictable, therein lies our femininity.

No comments: